Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


In today's society it is very rare to find great customer service. This is very unfortunate. As a person who has previously worked in customer service, I have a habit of looking for great customer service. This is only because I was taught to use great customer service skills. Some businesses should strive to work harder on this concept. "Customers form expectations about the value and satisfaction that various market offerings will deliver and buy accordingly. Satisfied customers buy again and tell others about their good experiences. Dissatisfied customers often switch to competitors and disparage the product to others." (Marketing an Introduction by Armstrong/Kotler Pg. 7)
For only living in Las Vegas for a few years, I have experienced bad customer service in many places. I was happy to find a few that have delivered me great customer service skills. One of which was Gerber's Glass and Collision. I was recommended to go to them through my insurance company. I had recently been an automobile accident that resulted in my car needing some repairs. I walked in their door with my husband already having in mind that we would be treated with poor customer service skills because they deal with the same thing every day. Once I walked in, I was surprised at how they quickly knew who we were and asked us if there was anything they could do for us while we waited. Although they knew who we were by us having an appointment, they still took the time to know our name and this meant a lot to both me and my husband. The whole experience was good and professional. When we came to get the car the next week, they still remembered us and were again very polite. We noticed a few issues that were caused from the way they fixed the damage and they offered to buff it out for us right away. They were completely sincere to our needs and what we had just been through and I consider this great customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment