Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 4 EOC: There's An App for That


As a challenge, I was told to develop an app. Think of whatever comes to my mind and write it down. I’m not sure why, but I thought of an app that will help you choose your wardrobe each day or help you with what fashions look good on you. This is something I’ve always had trouble with, and I think it’s because I grew up in a small town and in a house that wasn’t trendy when it came to clothing. After this idea for an app came to mind, I researched to see if there was anything else out there like it, and there are a few. They don't exactly help you with what fashions you should buy for yourself as much as I would want it to, but it does help you choose from what you already have. On all that I found, you have to actually photograph each piece of wardrobe you have. If you are a woman like me, then you know that this could take a while. It then organizes everything for you and you can see easier what everything looks like from a different view point instead of looking at what's hanging in a closet or lying in a dresser.
So what is an app? “An app is a piece of software. It can run on the Internet, on your computer, or on your phone or other electronic device.” (www.google.about.com)  The first company to come out with an app for a smart phone was Apple.  “Few brands engender such intense loyalty as that found in the hearts of core Apple buyers. Whether they own a Mac computer, an iPod, or an iPhone, Apple devotees are granite like in their devotion to the brand.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, p. 135).With all the loyalty from Apple’s consumers, it is no wonder that the App became so popular. “Every app you download from the App Store makes your iPhone do even more. And with hundreds of thousands of apps to choose from, we mean a whole lot more.”(www.apple.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment